2017 Teen Leadership Programs!
Adventure. Creativity. Discovery. Friendship.
2017 Counselors-in-Training (CITs) (grades 7–8)
Ages: entering grades 7-8
Cost: $590, $505 discounted member price
Session I: June 26 – July 7 (closed July 4)
Session II: July 10 - July 21
Session III: July 24 - August 4
Session IV: August 7 - August 18
Combine leadership training with all the fun of a summer at camp. In addition to being a role model for the younger campers, and participating in CIT-only field trips, CITs will coordinate mitzvah projects and Fun Days for the Ruach camps. CITs also earn community service credit (30 SSL hours per two-week session).
Why Become a CIT?
This camp offers you the best of both worlds.
1) It is a leadership training program
- CITs develop skills to know how to plan events, keep young campers safe and entertained, and communicate effectively with different age groups
- Coordinate mitzvah projects and Fun Days—from idea to execution—for the Ruach camps
- Earn community service credit (36 hours per two-week camp session)
2) It is a lot of fun:
- Bond with other teens
- Go on a CIT only field trip
- Be a role model to the younger campers
“My son had a great time at the JCC and really grew as a leader through his work there."
Click here for the DCJCC CIT application
CIT applications are now in process. Please email Greg Feitel at GregF@edcjcc.org for more information.
Leaders-In-Training (LITs) (grades 9-10)
Leaders-in-Training (LITs) is a program for selected teens who would like a deeper experience in summer camp counseling. Training will be more advanced, and you will have more responsibilities with the campers and with training the CITs. We want to recognize your contributions and dedication to our camp, and this is a next step opportunity to take advantage of what you have learned and can offer. Successful completion of the program will earn each LIT a small stipend.
- If you are entering 10th grade or higher, you must have completed one year of a CIT program (here or at another camp)
- If entering 9th grade, you must have completed two years of our CIT program
- Send in an LIT Application
- Have an interview with one of the summer camp staff
- If accepted, there is no cost to attend this program
LIT applications are now in process. Please email Greg Feitel at GregF@edcjcc.org for more information.
Information and Prices for Aftercare and Early Mornings
Take advantage of our Early Bird Discount by registering and paying your fees in full by 3:00pm Febuary 24th!